Re: [A/S] Digest Number 2733

I have to voice an opinion on this thread.  Some of you  may remember we had
an accident in Washington this summer - we're pulling a 34' with a 3/4 ton
Dodge diesel, complete with Hensley.  We had around $16,000 in damage to the
truck and trailer.  We have to take responsibility for this accident - traffic was
heavy and moving fast (as were we) and we were just following too close.
When a deer ran across the road up front, everyone slammed on their brakes.  We
danced all over the road missing cars and slammed into the concrete barrier on
the side of the road.  When we finally came to rest, we were perfectly
straight - both truck and trailer - on the shoulder of the road.  The Hensley broke.
There is no doubt in our mind that the Hensley saved us from really serious
injury - probably a roll-over and that semi following us would have sent us
into the great yonder.  We now drive a little slower and stay far from the
vehicle in front of us - and we would still not pull without a Hensley.

Verna