[A/S] Camping Without Water (was First Year as Airstreamer)

When I camp late in the year, after I have already winterized the trailer, I
carry a couple of five gallon containers of water for dishwashing, a couple
of two gallon jugs of drinking water (filtered extremely well, as that is my
choice) and also I have a portable toilet which can be emptied in my house
commode when I return home.  This allows me to feel more comfortable about
the trailers plumbing.  In the wilds of Northern Canada here, grey water can
be disposed of easily, and the large containers of water won't freeze even
with the minimal heat I keep in the trailer while I hike the North Woods.  I
could run the furnace full time to keep the plumbing warm and use the full
facilities, but the drive to the 'wilds' and return trip would probably
freeze anything between the belly pan and the floor, so I keep it winterized
and do as I said above.  I have never had a problem this way.

Tom
Canada