[A/S] Re: type of awning for 59 Airstream

Greetings Cindy!

I will admit to being a fan of the ZipDee awnings, particularly
after my experience with an A & E TravelAwn 5000.  The ZipDee is far
easier to operate and much more aesthetically pleasing (IMHO) than
the bulkier and more difficult to operate A & E.  It almost required
two people to effectively deploy the A & E, but I have no problem
operating my ZipDee solo.

The Sunbrella fabric is worth a premium in my estimation because it
breathes helping to keep temperatures near the coach more
comfortable even in very humid Summer weather in the Mississippi
River Valley.  My A & E awning had vinyl-faced fabric, and it was
markedly warmer and less comfortable under its shelter -- I know
that it always felt MUCH cooler under my neighbor's ZipDee at the
International Rally in Dayton, OH than it did under my Overlander's
A & E awning.

Based on my experience with the ZipDee awnings on my Overlander,
there is no question in my mind that when it is time to have awnings
installed on my Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre that they will be ZipDees.

Good luck on your research and awning selection!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime)/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)