Re: [A/S] Tire Pressure Monitoring

I have a rear-view TV camera on the back of the trailer, and a
monitor at my knee in the truck. I normally leave the audio down, but
on my last trip I discovered that when I turn it up I can hear
approaching passing vehicles to alert me that they were coming. I got
to thinking about how this might alert me of a tire problem on the
trailer if that microphone were on the trailer's axle rather than on
the rear window. I haven't done it yet, but plan to attach a cheapie
microphone to the center of the middle axle on my 3-axle AS. This
will be only a few feet from any of the trailer tires and should
alert me immediately of any tire problem as it occurs.

Last year I happened to spot a blowout on the AS in my rear-view
mirror as it was occurring and was able to stop the rig within a few
seconds of it happening. I had no damage to the wheel well, probably
because I caught it so quickly.

When I get that microphone installed, if I hear any unusual tire
noise, I will simply check the rear-view mirrors for black chunks a'flying!

Jerry 4404