[A/S] LPG regulator?

Chris wrote:

there is a difference between tank pressure (normally around 150-200
psi) and working pressure ( about 1/2 psi, or an 11" water column).
...Fischer brand were much better, but they still do not last
foreverSo- I would start with a new regulator and go from there.

I checked some of the usual sources. They want about $195 for one from
Inland RV. I found one on e-bay, a Marshall brass, 11 wc, (I presume
that to mean 11" Water column) for about $30. I realize that the
Fischer would be a better one from Inland, but the Marshall one looks
as good and seems to have a simpler crossover system. Would the
Marshall one be adequate?

Also, to verify the failure of the regulator, would it be appropriate
to test it by disconnecting the regulator from the trailer end
connection and see if anything comes out when I turn the valve on? Or
would there be another way to test it. Of course I would take the
necessary precautions around gas. It just seems like I am missing
something.

thanks, bill b.