[A/S] New member in PA

Greetings,
My name is Debbie and I just acquired an Airstream from my Dad. It's
a 1964 24' Tradewind single-axle.
It's actually in pretty good shape both inside and out, to our
uneducated eyes anyhow. Not perfect but decent.
My Dad purchased it from a woman who had pulled it around with her
husband and companion trailer friends. Dad had a friend tow it to his
home where it sat for the next 13 yrs.

So now it's ours.
So far all we have done is replaced the split rims with new wheels
and tires to bring it home and then cleaned it up a bit.

We currently plan on using it at our campsite up in north-western PA.

Pulling it home the 45 miles from MD to York, PA my BF swore he
wanted to have those trailer brakes hooked up before taking it up to
the mountains. Now he seems to have changed his mind and thinks we
might be ok without doing that. A 4 hr. drive up in the mountains?
Maybe I'm just a safety freak but I think that's a bad idea. We have
the anti sway bars also but don't know how to use them.
We'll be pulling with a 2004 Chevy Silverado.

Unfortunately for us some squirrels were living (& dying) in it at
Dad's so we had some remains to clean out but the proof of their
occupancy is left behind too.

Any suggestions anyone might have for some problems we've encountered
so far would be greatly aappreciated.

The furry little cuties must have gotten in thru the roof fridge vent
(needs replaced) and chewed some wires on the Dometic so we replaced
one wire but can't seem to figure out where one end of another wire
goes...

We would like to replace 2 of our cracked plastic roof vent covers,
the front rectangular one and the rear square one. The middle one is
metal and is fine.
We need door weather strip replaced for both screen and main doors. I
think the windows are ok. I took some squirrel damaged screens up to
the hardware store to re-screen with like material.

The only exterior lights we can get to work, even with replacing the
bulbs & cleaning the sockets are the 3 front top amber ones and the
brake and turn signals only. No tail lights or running lights -
sides, top rear will come on. We're stumped.

Again if we run it up to camp during the day, that may be ok as long
as we have brake and turn signals, yes?

We may do more restoration as time permits but we'd like to get it up
to camp before the snow flies to use for snowmobile season. We're
lucky - the heater was replaced in 1985 and does work. We'll have to
replace the propane tanks as well.
I don't want to be too long-winded so I'll stop now.
Nice to find your group.
-Debbie in York, PA