RE: [A/S] Generator Transfer Switch

Rik & Susan - I'm sure others on this list will have the solution to your
problem. All I know from having to run generators in 3rd world countries to
power whole offices & homes, you have to install the wiring & switching to
allow you to completely disconnect from the "mains" power source, start your
generator engine, engage the generator, and connect the switch that connects
the generator to the office or house - and reverse this sequence when going
back to mains power. When I was living this way in East Africa & the Middle
East, there were companies who made equipment that did performed this
sequence automatically, but they were very expensive and somewhat
unreliable.
Jim