RE: [A/S] A/C Thermostat

<Interestingly enough that was the style of thermostat supplied in my '01
Safari.  I junked it within 6
months and replaced it with a $19 digital Hunter thermostat that I bought a
WalMart.>

Jack,

The use of this type of thermostat simply doesn't make any sense.  This type
of old technology is best suited to a summer/hunting cabin where the
efficiency isn't a consideration.  And, an expensive ($25 or more) digital
thermostat is more cost than warranted.

I would suggest that everyone go have a lookie-loo at your thermostat.  And,
if it is the ancient technology, to swap it out.  Having a bimetal/mercury
thermostat in a brand new trailer certainly means that nearly everyone does
have an inefficient and equipment harming thermostat installed.

Steve Jones
'58 Airstream Overlander - Modern Remodel
Original Parts Available