Re: [A/S] Roof Climbing

>No one seems to know where the "you will damage the roof if you walk
>on it tale" came from. But the "myth" continues on. How sad.

this maybe true on today's trailers and all the tupperwares, but do NOT do this
on a classic trailer prior to 1980.  THOSE I know about.

you can step on the ribs, yes. (if you weigh less than 200-300#<G>)
You cannot step between the ribs or you will dent the skin as a min. damage.
If you like, prove it for yourself.  it will not cost too much to repair.
About $500+++??
It is surprising how many trailers have flattened skin around their AC units.
Be safe, make sure you use the method explained with the axial bridging 2x4s and
a couple of 3/4" plywood 2x6s to place across them, to slide along and to work
from.  use a couple of notched 2x2s to match notches in teh 2x4s to keep the
2x4s in a constant parallel state.

fwiw
chas