Re: [A/S] Counter Intuitive Fuel Cost Saving Tip

There is another theory to this:

If you don't want to pay the price for an entire tank of premium, try
blending the premium w/ reg.  This may sound strange, but from my experience of
pulling a 29', '71 airstream years ago w/ a 76 LTD wagon w/400, I had more power
even if I didn't have any better mileage.  I would put 5 gal of premium in the
tank when empty and then fill the rest w/ reg.  Sometimes got weird looks from
the clerks at stations, but it worked for me.  Was told by someone in the gas
industry that the premium/reg blend made the entire tank octane above the
rating of the premium.  Don't really know about the numbers, just know that I had,
as Tim the Tool Man would say, MORE POWER

Lawrence