RE: [A/S] Hanging a LCD tv on wall

I removed the "TV shelf" in the bedroom and mounted a flat screen TV in the
area.  There are mounts made for this purpose that are available at any
decent electronics retailer.  Choose the one that fits your TV, (check the
paperwork).  I selected the folding type so that it could be positioned for
optimum viewing angle and then be stowed against the wall for safe travel.
To secure it for travel I use a strap and two strap clamps across the top to
hold it tight against the wall.  To reinforce the wall I used two pieces of
the type of U-channel shelf mounting rail.  It was one six foot piece cut in
half.  The mount's mounting screws go through the mount, the wall and the
rail pieces.  This distributes the load of the TV over the entire wall's
surface.

20,000 miles so far, including a trip to Alaska, and all is well.

Dick Martin
'01 GMC Sierra Duramax
'04 34' Classic Limited SO
  http://home.earthlink.net/~driveabout