Re: [A/S] 1972 power converter is out

Jennie,

I am no expert but I believe the converter cannot work if the battery is
shorted internally or the battery connections so corroded they cannot pass
current. The first step is to at least check the battery condition, clean it
up, fill the cells with distilled water and see if a regular auto battery
charger will charge it up or accept the reality that batteries unless
carefully cared for rarely last more than five years and buy a new one. The
condition of your current converter cannot be known without a good battery.
Don't have anything to do with an RV place that sight unseen tells you they
need to rewire the trailer, they are a dishonest operation at best.

Steve