Re: [A/S] Airstreams in the wind

>Don't get too secure under oaks, it's not just pines that go over.

         Here in Atlanta, it's usually the oak trees that fall, probably
because they are very old, very large, and have begun to rot inside.  Pines
tend to be younger, and seem to stand up better under high winds (but, will
break in two in tornado-level winds).  A year or so after I started
teaching at Ga Tech, the son of one of our math professors, along with his
friend, were killed when a huge oak fell on their sports car as they were
driving down the street the morning after a bit storm.  You just never know.

- Dick
(5368)