Re: [A/S] Towing vehicle - wheelbase issue

    A few months ago we were headed South on I-75 to Tampa. We were still
several miles North of Gainesville, when we came up on a trailer that had
flipped/rolled off the interstate. We couldn't immediately ID the tow
vehicle make/model because it was mangled really bad. Turns out it was a
Ford Expedition and the trailer was huge, at least it seemed that way since
it was scattered everywhere, but it was a Model 31B_ _ and had to at least
be 32-34 foot over all.
    Then on return trip, we came up on a Ford Explorer towing a trailer
that was waging like crazy, they were going about 55-60 but it was all over
the road, when it got to 3 lanes I swung over far left to pass. The wife
said that their trailer look bigger than ours (a 29'Ambassador towed by a
Suburban 4X4). And you know something? It probably was, but hopefully they
made it home ok.
    I've towed our trailer many times with my Chevy K1500 shortbed and
it's done ok. Even though I usually only drove 60-65 on the Interstate.
Now with the Burb, 70 MPH is comfortable, no wags.
    There is a formula for figuring trailer length to tow vehicle wheelbase
but I don't know what it is. Also you didn't say what year the Globetrotter
was, the newer the year the heavier, and that makes a big difference.

Bobby
Valdosta, GA