[A/S] needing some advice, pretty please

Hello gang!

Well, we towed our 1962 Safari home to Seattle from Tucson, AZ via California last month.
Other than popping rivets, and a new layer of dust, Velma the GMC van and Wallace the
trailer got along great.  All the years of reading about hitches and towing paid off. (And
what a difference it makes to have the truck speed limit be 55 in CA and OR! WOW!)

NOW - we are beginning to renovate some of the interior. We are planning on sanding
down the dry-as-the-actual-desert-it-was-stored in wood, but wanted to hear folks
suggestions on sealing/treating/feeding the poor wood. Otehr than 'use extra fine
sandpaper.  :)

We are also looking to reupholster the front gauchos and the slide-out bed doohickey.
(Names?)
How much yardage will we need? I found some fantastic fabric I am loving, and -
amazingly, it is less than $10/yard. 'Marine grade, 70,000 double rubs' it claims. Well, if it
is good enough for a busy boat, it will be great for me. I just need to purchase enough.

I'd also really appreciate leads on finding good upholsterers.
I'm in the Seattle area, and if any of you western Washington-based experts has a little
time and info/referrals/warnings, I sure would be grateful.

You can contact off-list, if you prefer.

ALSO - if you are in the King County area, you might see our trailer parked in a public
space near you, as part of the King County Performance Network! We'll be performing in
and around the trailer. (basically, acting like we would at a family reunion or a rally.
Without the cocktail hour.) If anyone is interestd, I'll give more info later, but it will be free!
And in some pretty parks  - especially in Kent and Duvall.

Llysa