Re: [A/S] new truck sounds great -Tacoma?

The last I had heard about the Tacoma was that Toyota did not approve any load
equalizing hitches on the truck because of frame inadequacies.

I don't know if this will be addressed in next years model or not. Apparently
the frames were not strong enough to handle the downward force of an
equalizing hitch.

You might want to talk to Toyota about this and any warranty ramifications.

Either way, the truck would be pretty short on power for anything at all
hilly. I have no idea as to how the automatic transmission would handle the
towing strain in hilly country, though the Taco is rated at the same towing
capacity with the 6-speed manual as the automatic trans.

I thought about the truck too, but decided against it.

Rick Kunath