Re: [A/S] New truck

>I get that with my Ford F250 7.3 PSD.  I thought the Duramax got much
>better....

         Surely you're not pulling 8,000 lb?  I'm close to the max for my
trailer, 8,200 lb.
         Your mileage depends very strongly on your particular driving
habits.  Unfortunately for me, I'm a lead-foot so far as acceleration goes,
even though I try to stay at 60 - 65 mph on interstates, and below 60 on
secondary roads.  Jane gets significantly better mileage than I do.  In any
event, if we can average 10-11 mpg between us, it'll be much better than
our Suburban, which averaged around 8 mpg.  Of course, that was with
gasoline, cheaper than diesel.

- Dick
(5368)