Re: [A/S] tow vehicle wants to drift at times when hitched

Greetings Jack!

If you are utilizing a friction sway control device it may
contribute to the problem if it is too tightly adjusted -- it is one
of the reasons that I was to happy when I purchased a coach with
enought hitch weight to support utilizing the Dual Cam System (no
more aggravating adjustment -- loosen if traction is decreased --
tighten if wind increases or truck traffic increases.

The intermittment nature also brought another issue to mind that
happens only rarely and on particular roads with my rig.  It is
related to the condition of the asphalt on the highway -- there are
several sections of Interstate near where I live that have
developed, for lack of a better description, ruts from heavy truck
traffic.  These rut typically place the tow vehcile and trailer at a
slight angle and cause a disconcerting wiggle -- this condition is
so bad on one stretch of Interstate 57 in Southern Illinois that I
avoid that stretch whenever I am towing either of my trailers.
These ruts are apparent when traveling solo, but are far more
evident when the trailer is attached.

Good luck with solving your rigs tracking issue!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)