Re: [A/S] New Electric Plug

>I took the trailer to an RV dealer and they replaced the plug.  No more
>problems with the GFI.

         Interesting.  I"ve never been near such a lightening strike, and
hope never to be near one.  Glad your GFCI was ok, once you got the plug
replaced.
         When we hooked up at Springfield (i.e., when the electric guy said
to plug in), my meter inside said no power.  I told them, then they
checked, and said it was now ok.  My meter still said no power, but the
electric guy checked the main line and there was power.  I checked the ac
breakers, and my GFCI breaker was thrown, but it would not reset.
         Dick and Jean Patton's (Dick's the blind guy you met) motor home,
parked next door to us, had the surge protector blown (with smoke
released).  Turns out someone on the electric crew dropped a ground
connection and had connected us to 220!.  They replaced Dick's surge
protector, and also replaced my GFCI breaker.  You might know it would be
the GFCI breaker - those are the expensive ones.  WBCCI ate the cost,
however, no questions asked, and all's well now.

- Dick
(5368)