[A/S] Axle life

Kevin.

A Henschen axle, is guaranteed for 5 years. If it's ordered complete,
we guarantee the rest of it against defects for 5 years.

You can reasonably expect a Henschen axle to last at least 50 years
or more, if used within reason.

The older trailer axles are failing, because of the compossition of
the rubber rods, as we know it today. The Bambi and Caravel axles
prior to 1968 are failing at a rapid rate because of fatigue cracking
of the spindles, that due to lack of proper running gear balance.

We are replacing axles on the old Bambi's and Caravels at the rate of
almost 10 per "MONTH".

Cheap axles, do not have the inherent quality that the Henschen axles
do.

As an example, we are having a non Henschen axle tested in a
laboratory at this time, to compare it against the Henschen.

For preliminary information that can be seen with the eyes, the non
Henschen has poorer materials, brakes that can't be identified, and
most importantly, incomplete or inadequate welds. The spindle is
welded on one side, not both. The brake flange is welded less than 25
percent from what it should be. The axle mounting bracket is welded
about 50 percent from what it should be.

The engineering and laboratory results will be published at a later
date on our web site.

That report will be all inclusive, containing every detail that a
laboratory could possibly test.

Cheap axles are exactly that. They are poor, in more ways than one,
from the start. As always you will get what you pay for.

Brake flanges not completely welded?  Wow!!!! That means, in time,
those welds could crack, allowing the brake backing plate to spin.
What a novel, "HORRIBLE" idea. This is stretching safety to the
maximum, but capitalizing on poor workmanship.

Airstream has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on axle testing.

Why do they stay with Henschen? Because they are they best. No other
brand can compare with their quality and durability.

As an individual, you are free to make your own choices. But the
first choice, when a persons life or his families lives are at stake,
should always be the best that is available.

Cost factors should be way down the list.

Safety, cannot be compromized, without risks.

Most people are unwilling to take those risks.

Andy
Inland RV Center, Inc.