[A/S] Re: Water line drain '77 31' Excella 500

Terry,

Sounds like a good idea.  How was this elbow attached to the tank
drain?

Right now my drain plug is about 2" in diameter and sort of resembles
the bung on a 55 gallon drum.  The plug is plastic, like the tank.

Did you just drill a hole in the bottom of the tank off to one side
of the drain plug and solvent weld a plastic elbow to it?  Doing the
job in all CPVC seems like it would be really easier than copper, in
my opinion.

Did you ever have water in the tank when it was below freezing
outside and you were using the trailer or otherwise had the furnace
running?

I was concerned about the exposed valve and dead leg of water below
the tank freezing and breaking.

Christopher