[A/S] Water line drain '77 31' Excella 500

Craig,

We had a '77 31' Excella 500. Almost immediately after getting it, I
added a drain to the water tank. It was a simple installation. I'm sure
you've read about the access panel under the tank in one of this week's
posts.

  All I did was merely attach an elbow and copper line extending from
the tank drain under the access panel to the outside edge of the
trailer's body. I used a bracket attached to the belly pan to keep
water line from dangling. i capped the outside end with a faucet and
loosely secured it to the belly pan also.

The water line was protected by a discarded water hose I slit down the
middle encompassed the line. Stone chips on the Alaska Highway never
touched the water line.

At no time during years of roaming the continent was there any problem
with this modification. For less than $10 in parts, it was money well
spent.

Also, draining the water tank was a breeze whenever we hit a patch of
especially cold weather (low twenties) for a week or more.

The convenience of having an outside water faucet went well beyond my
original thinking, plus it provided easy outside hand washing while
parked on BLM land or boondocking sites.

If you'd rather not do the installation yourself, that's okay. In any
town across America, an ordinary plumber can do the modification. It's
a simple job that will yield a major convenience.

Terry