Re: [A/S] Crossing safety chains!

In 50 + years of towing I have never crossed the safty chains In fact until
nokw have never given it a thought the statements about crossed chains make a
lot of sense and in the future  I will cross them see aven senile old farts can
learn new things. I have lost one trailer in my time it wac carring my 2
raceing hydroplanes and moters and accessories.The bolt on the ball broke(3/4in)
eather tightened too much or metel failer.The trailer had no breaks the
uncrossed chains kep it behind me but the trick was to slowdown carefuly so the
trailer didnt run over the car.Repairs were simple but involved a great deal of
profanity.
Jim Smith