RE: [A/S] Brake Controls

         Those reports are correct, and for all three major auto
manufacturers.  However, Ford and Chrysler (Dodge) have taken steps to
correct the problems and, the last I heard about it, GM had not.  They may
have by now, I just don't know.
         Your advice is quite sound; I would add, check the torque on the 6
bolts holding the receiver to the frame as well.  Depending on your
particular receiver, the torque should be around 80 ft-lb or higher.  I
started doing that with my previous Suburban and have continued with this
one.  I have found several bolts that had loosened to below that torque at
various times.  While important, it's not as important as checking for cracks.

- Dick
(5368)