Re: [A/S] Brake Controls

> I was told that the hitch should be re-inforced and a Jordan 2020 brake
> control was the best.  I had both done as was recommended but have not
> done any towing yet. Does anyone have any comment on the hitch
> requiring re-inforcement or the Jordan.

In my opinion, the BrakeSmart proportional brake controller is currently
the hands-down best and safest controller out there. I won't go into a
detailed description now (and why it's a much better design than the
Jordan), but do a search of the group archives and you'll turn up a
lively discussion that will let you know why I feel this way and many
informative comments by others.

Personally, I wouldn't install anything but a BrakeSmart these days,
assuming I didn't have the superb built-in Ford factory proportional
brake controller.

Hitches are another subject with a lot of opinions. My choice as the
best and safest design currently out there is the Hensley Arrow. Again,
do a search of the archives and find out why.

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060