Re: [A/S] question for new airstream owners

> Thor did buy Airstream, as well as several other RV
> companies.
> Thor owns about 36% of the RV market now.

From what I have heard, the folks who started Thor
owned the Hi-Lo Trailer Company which used to be
located in Butler Ohio.  Thor's first purchase was
Airstream.  Hi-Lo while owned by the principals was
not part of the Thor conglomerate.  I used to own a
Hi-Lo and I remember when the local dealer here in St.
Louis told me that the folks who owned Hi-Lo also
owned Airstream.

An interesting fact is that Hi-Lo trailers use the
same Henshen axle as Airstreams.  Matter of fact we
were parked next to a Hi-Lo about 3 years ago in the
Jackson Center terriport.  The fellow was in to have
an axle alignment done at the Airstream service
center.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'