RE: Towing with a Crown Vic was[A/S] On the brink of buying a new Safari

Thanks for the insight, I am planning on taking the car to a well
established trailer hitch company to have the receiver and electric
brake and the 7 prong plug installed.  The Airstream dealer said that
they wanted to set up the hitch.  I am also going to have the biggest
transmission cooler installed that I can.

The 19' Safari should wiegh about 4500 pounds loaded with personal
stuff and water.  I figure to not to fill the water all the way up
before going anywhere as that will keep the wieght down.  The Crown
Vic should tow 5000 pounds according to the owners manuel.

Never towed a trailer before, but I have driven buses for the City of
Seattle and a tour bus company. I made it up the Alaska Highway twice
with a bus.  Still a little gun shy on towing a trailer anywhere
especially in Los Angeles traffic.