Re: [A/S] Brake Problems

Lawrence,

It could be two common things, moisture in the brake fluid, or a bad
master cylinder.
Given that it happens during hot conditions, I would lean toward water
in the fluid as a little moisture really lowers the boiling point.
Change the fluid, if it happens again change the master cylinder ($$$).

On a side note to all, is YOUR brake fluid dirty? No one ever
recommends changing brake fluid as preventative maintainance any more,
but it used to be recommended by the auto companies to change it every
year or two. Part of it is the sealed systems that were introduced in
the 60's that keep the fluid from being exposed to humidity, and part
is that brake fluid itself is better, but every time the cap is taken
off the master cylinder a little moisture gets in the system, over time
it reacts with the fluid the form a mild acid. That is what causes
pitting in the wheel cylinders. That is also why fluid in a sealed
system becomes dirty, its getting full of metal and rubber particles
that the acid has dissolved.

I strongly suggest that when ever you get your pads and shoes changed
you ask the mechanic to flush out the old fluid.

Just my 2 cents.