Re: [A/S] Brake Problems

> Does it have anti lock brakes?

  Rear Only

> What type of brakes does it have? Disc front/drum rear or Disc both?

  Disc front, drum rear

> When does it usually happen? Only towing? After a long grade, stop and
> go traffic, or a hard stop?

  so far only towing, stop/go traffic this last time, first time on the
downhill
> side of the Smokies
> What does the pedal feel like when it happens? Does it feel normal, but
> the truck just dosn't stop, or does it feel "mushy or springy", or does
> it just go to the floor?

 Just goes straight to the floor

> Do they make any noise when it happens?

 no noise

> Does the brake light in the dash come on when it happens?

  No indication, other than pedal to metal (bad joke, sorry)

Hope this is the info that you are looking for.  I am guessing, but I think
that the fluid is heating up and boiling causing air pocket.  Someone suggested
changing out the brake fluid

Thanks in advance

Lawrence