Re: [A/S] Airstream Wanna Be :-)

When I got married and decided to full time back in early 70s, I had a '67
Overlander and I pulled it with a Dodge Polara with a 318<G>.
First camp out was to take it down into Palo Duro Canyon for the weekend.

We damned nearly did not get it out.  That taught me about HP, Torque and like
that.  A month later, we were attending a USAR training tour in El Paso and we
found a junk yard with a 3.73 pumpkin still in some pick up I think.
Anyway, we (wife of about 60 days) pulled it out of the junker, took the Polara
over to an abandoned car wash, jacked it up and swapped out the pumpkin. never
had a problem after that with grades.

That was a huge hunk of Detroit Iron... the bench seats were long enough to
sleep on, so it had a wide stance and a long wheel base.  great tow vehicle.
Now I have something that makes it look like a taxi cab.  my F350 might as well
be painted yellow and have TONKA labels all over it.  it is HUGE!!!
I can barely get my chin over the top of the side rails on the 8' bed.

Am going to get it rhino coated and then look into Hunter's roller floor.
Heck, I just climbed into it with the aid of the kitchen three step ladder stool
in order to measure the raw dimensions of my Pullrite to make sure it will fit
under this truck. (it should).

Now to find a front end receiver hitch to use to spot the trailer.

enuff
chas