Re: [A/S] Re: Vista Views - with the post

Hi Don
Here is how I did mine on my 79 Soverign.
I just posted this on another airstream site.

Fred is right to a point on how to do it.
here is how I did the 4 Vistas on mine. They, like most Vistas  Crystallized
in between the two panes.

First you will need a drimmel, small ball pin hammer, an old section of
standard Garden hose 5/8 size is good, a sheet or old blanket, clear all weather
silicone sealant, good gloves,and patience.

Lay the sheet out under the window you are to do inside the Coach. Using  the
drimmel, drill a small hole in the center of the window. Now, gently but
firmly(don't go anywhere with that!!) tap where you just drilled the hole. The
inner window will break. Carefully remove all the glass from the inner window.
In most cases, you will then be able to from the out side, to gently push the
 outer window inward. Don't worry it won't go all the way through.If you have
 someone inside it definitely helps.
Now you can scrape and clean the surface where the outer window meet the
window frame. Clean also the window itself. Now apply the Silicone sealant on
the edge of the window where it will meet the frame. Cut the old garden hose
into about a dozen 1 to 2 inch wide pieces. Push the widow back up to the frame
,centered, and use the hose pieces to hold it in place between the window
that  is now pressed against the frame and the inner frame where the inside pane
was.  You don't want to squeeze all the silicone out, that's why the old
garden hose  works so well. It holds the window in enough to allow the silicone to
dry  without pushing it all out. Clean any excess off before it can dry. After
it  sets, about 12 hours you will have a vista window you can now see out of
and  enjoy. Oh, to complete the project, you can get at Pep Boys or another
Auto  parts place a roll of window trim.Its usually in a roll, in a plastic bag.
Its L  shaped and fits perfectly in the frame around the window. Where the
garden hose  pieces were. I will try to get some pics of my Vista Windows, and
what the trim  looks like posted today.
Hope it helps someone here on the list.

Jonathan  Michaels
1979 31' rear Bed Soverign  International