Re: [A/S] Re: Airstream wannabe question

> >I really have two questions, would the Highlander pull a Bambi or the
> next trailer size up, I think that it is called a Safari?

Hi Cathy,

It concerns me that so many people are wanting to pull trailers with marginal
tow vehicles.

I'm a fulltimer, I've been towing my 25' trailer on I-75 for two days and I'm
thankful I'm pulling with a big, heavy long wheelbase F250.  When the big
rigs blow by me at 70-85 miles an hour I can only imagine what would happen if I
had a little SUV.

Towing a trailer is inherently dangerous.  Friends of mine just had their
fifth wheel, pulled by a medium duty Freightliner (!!!!), go on its side in
Kentucky. They were very experienced, having been fulltime for 9 years.

If I'm looking for a tow vehicle that last thing I'd be worrying about is
trying to get the smallest one I could find.  When looking for a tow vehicle,
bigger is better.....

Please, get a real tow vehicle.  A heavy older car or a long wheelbase pick
up. If you're worried about gas prices, get a used truck and spend the money
you saved on fuel.

Hunter, in Tifton, GA