Re: [A/S] Ford F ?50 PSD LWB or SWB?

You better read the sales brochure about the differences between the 3/4
and 1 ton. The salesman is blowing smoke. He must have to many 1 ton's
on the lot. Rear axles are different, wheels are different not all the same.
The 1 ton is sprung much harder than the 3/4 ton. Because of this a
weight distributing hitch will not work as well with the end result
being more road shock is transferred to the trailer frame. We have seen
trailers towed by 1 ton truck with frame and skin damage. One of our
club members purchased a 34' from a fella that used a 1 ton. When a
factory service tech saw it he knew right away what was the cause.
You can overdue it.
A short bed crew cab will give you a good ride and be easier to manuver.

Charlie