Re: [A/S] Re: checklist

>*30 amp service is only needed if you need to run your air conditioner.
>20 amp, or even 15 amp is fine to run the rest of the trailer.

Quite true

<snip>

>*Leveling up is important to the proper operation of your fridge- and
>it makes living in your Airstream less reminiscent of being in a
>listing sailboat's cabin.. We have found the Linx Leveler system to be
>easy to use.

I'll second that one too.  I have found that one set is not enough with
a tandem axle trailer.  If you have 3 axles you are probably looking at
4 sets to go up about 5".  If you try to make separate stacks for each
wheel they skate all over the place.  The whole idea is that they lock
together like big Lego blocks, but the stack gets awfully long awfully
fast if you are going up 3 or 4 levels.  The object is to get ALL the
axles up on blocks, or you will put undue strain on the "hanging" axle
and the "holding" tyre.

>.
>
>*Two other after market purchases we've made that we've come to
>appreciate, both from Camping World:
>	Chock and Lock Tandem wheel trailer chocks. These help greatly with
>movement in the trailer when occupied. They also offer an extra level
>of security, as they can be locked in place, rendering the trailer
>un-towable. ~ $70 /pr.

DON'T forget to remove them prior to moving the trailer.  (Also don't
ask how I know, please.)

>	Tongue Twister. This is a device that works with a large threaded rod,
>allowing the operator to move the trailer's tongue from side to side,
>allowing for less than perfect alignment on the ball. Alignment is
>especially difficult for beginners and for situations in which your tow
>vehicle needs to be out of parallel with the trailer. CW offers these
>for ~$40. Hensley sells an identical product for ~$50.

Made by BAL, the jack people.  Also the ratchet wrench included fits the
BAL stabilizer jacks.  Very nice to have with a Hensley hitch (the
spring jacks of which also fit the TT wrench).  Note that the TT is VERY
intolerant of being towed with the trailer.  Doing that will make a
Twisted Tongue Twister which is only good for anchoring your trash bag.
(Please to not inquire how this knowledge was gained, either.  Suffice
it to say that I have a lot of blue ratcheting box wrenches.)

Another really neat thing to make life pleasant is a hitch alignment
mirror.  I recommend the kind that mounts on the tow vehicle.  I carry
one of the bright yellow reflective wands designed to tell your friends
when they are leaving your driveway and entering the petunia bed.  Back
up to within 4 or 5 feet of the trailer, dismount the tow vehicle, place
the wand on the ground directly under the ball and the trailer hitch
socket, and "follow the yellow stick road" back to your trailer.  While
you are setting this up is a good time to verify that the hitch socket
is high enough to clear the ball, too.  Easier than pushing the trailer
home backwards.
;^)>

Lots of other tricks out there, and lots of friendly folks willing to
share.  Go to rallies.  Enjoy.

Matt