[A/S] Re: Yet another tow vehicle

>>>When you are going off camping you will have lots of stuff. Chairs,
firewood
(?), grill, levelers, tools, table, cooler.... maybe not all of that,
maybe
more...... if you have the rear seat where do you plan to put
everything?
certainly not in your trailer.

I had to snicker a little at this.  We keep all of that in the trailer.
But, then again, there is only two of us and we aren't living in there
full-time.  Chairs in the little area right inside the door where Wally
designed them to go.  Tools go in reinforced shelves under in the bed
(and my husband's a tool hound so there are alot of them).  Outdoor
tables fold up and are in the back hanging locker, along with the
Little Smokey grill.  Small gas grill under the sofa up front.  Coolers
are always softsided to squish into whatever open area we can find when
not in use. Firewood used to be in waxed boxes inside but were a pain
to pull out whenever we got to camp, so we've changed this setup.  We
have a hitch receptable in the front of the Suburban and got a metal
shelf that holds our wood boxes now.

I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, so I'm unsure whether
the original question came from someone who planned to use the trailer
full-time or just for vacations.  I'm sure this could make a
difference.

But for us, we've found the Suburban to be the best hauler for the
living things that we travel with - parrot and one very large
Newfoundland and a smaller lab mix.  And, it complements the rest of
our vehicles for our day to day life which are all much smaller and
more fuel efficient.

It's all just a matter of priorities and compromise on how you need that
vehicle to work all year.

When I get a chance, I'll have to send another post on my recent trip to
the Shady Dell in Bisbee.  It was a great opportunity to spend a few
nights in vintage trailers.

Betty McClellan
Scandia, MN