Re: [A/S] Faulty Tow Vehicle Recommendation (was: Older tow vehicles

One only has to experience the "tail wagging the dog" to realize that the
length of the wheel base has everything to do with successful towing. I
joined the "bigger is better" group after towing a 25 ft. Safari with a
Chevy Tahoe and almost losing control of the trailer after braking hard to
avoid a stand still traffic jam on the other side of a hill. It was THE
scariest experience of my camping life and I switched to a 2500 Suburban and
now to a 2500 HD diesel Silverado. The truck may be overkill for my little
Flying Cloud but I drive with the confidence in knowing that I am safe. There
are so many other factors in choosing a large truck over an SUV. In the
Tahoe/Suburban all my camping gear was in the back creating possible flying
projectiles in a stop short situation. The cab of my truck contains only me
and the dogs and the rest of the heavy stuff is in the truck bed. I can't
tell you how much safer I feel now. Priceless.

Patti Raimondo
Boulder, Colorado
1954 Flying Cloud
WBCCI # 3221