Re: [A/S] Cleaning refrigerator flue

Sarge,

After checking out airstream forums.com I am going to look for an
access panel which can sometimes be found in the bottom rear of the
cabinet over the fridge.  There is a rubber mat in that cabinet to
keep dishes from flying around in there and I've never had it out.

If there is no access panel, there is a curved plastic or metal duct
which connects the cavity behind the fridge to the roof vent.  I seem
to recall it is pop riveted in place, so in theory I could drill
those out, remove the duct and access the back of the fridge thru
that cabinet.  I suspect I'll need to borrow a make-up mirror from my
sweetie to peek down in there when working.  Then I'd just pop rivet
the duct back in place when finished.

I'll post a follow up in a few days.  Too much rain now to fool with
the ouside task of cleaning the burner.

By the way, if your fridge doesn't work on electric, the heating
element is probably burned out.  This is supposedly a $25 part that
is readily available, but it takes about half a day to replace it
since you have to pull the fridge out from the wall to access the
element.  You'll have to decide if it's worth the trouble.

Christopher