Re: [A/S] International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim Franklin

i am new to the list and airstreaming also (77 argosy) but i am not new to camping.
i thought i'd add my 2 cents....

when i was a kid in the 60's my family belonged to a camping chapter. i can't even
remember the name of the association... someone out there might. all the families
in the chapter would camp a few times a year together, circling the trailers
together in a field. our common place to go was the ted williams baseball camp.

as a kid at these events i remember tug-o-wars, potato sack races, softball
games, three-legged races. i don't remember prizes but i'm sure there were some.
i remember the dad's playing horseshoes... can't quite remember what the moms
did but it was the 60's so they were probably cooking. at night we would have pot
luck suppers where we would put a bunch of tables together and all eat our
dinner. after dinner there was a big fire we all sat around. my dad worked for a
potato chip company so my sisters and i were the servers of chips and popcorn
around the fire where we had sing-a-longs. all corny simple things but we had
some good friendships with other families that were formed and many memories.
as kids we looked forward to those events.

not sure if these chapters are still around or not. i believe they may have died
down when gas prices prohibited campers for a few years.

Thank you,
Brenda Michienzi
Michienzi Drafting & Design
www.DraftingGirl.com