Re: [A/S] DC to AC?

hi,
  my older truck just had (1) cigarette lighter 12v outlet and the voltage
fluctuated with the engines rpms and other factors such as headlights. i burned
out a 12 tv listening to a game on the highway. my newer pickup has 12v outlets
in addition to the cigarette lighter and the voltage is controlled in the 12v
outlets. they are descibed in the owners manual as safe for electronics.  are
you using outlets or cigarette lighter outlet?  i like the fresh coffee beans
also but electric motors take a bit of power. i travel in the boondocks with a
small hand grinder.
  question, was the vehicle running when the melt down occured? a voltage test
could give you an idea of where the problem is.
 good luck, jeff ballou.
troy, vermont... 12 inches of now expected today, already have 2 feet on the
ground.