Re: [A/S] Oil capacity-Duramax

The Duramax holds 10 quarts of oil with a filter change.  I always change
both at the same time.  Remember, the oil filter is on very tight.  I use a large
"channel lock" to get the filter off and to torque the new one.  The higher
oil pressure in the diesel requires one to torque the filter more than on a gas
engine.  I only use the oil filters supplied by a GM dealer.  I wouldn't
advise trying to save money with a less expensive filter.

Sam
WBCCI 12557