[A/S] Floorplans

We have a 20" Pleasure Way, this is like a fancy Van
conversion class B, with a sofa bed that makes into a
nice bed in the back.  We like this setup for
sleeping, but when one of our grandkids rides with us,
sitting way in the back is not good. Riding in that
back is not a good experience for anyone, the seat is
beyond the axle with rough road bumps amplified and
fishtailing for a pretty bad ride.  We are considering
buying one of the Airstream Interstate Class B units.
One of the reasons is the sofa right behind the driver
which solves the problems we see with our unit now.
Since we have never owned a unit with this floor plan,
I was wondering if someone can share experience with
the negatives and positives of this floorplan...  Al
and Judy