Re: [A/S] Re: getting a trailer home from Mass

Doesn't matter if it was bought in or out of state or if he kept or
did not keep the plate. You can't just pull a plate of a trailer stick
it on another and move it, it is not legal. Can't do it with a car,
can't do it with a boat. You can get away with a lot but the fact is
you did not do this correctly. If the trailer did not have a plate you
should of gotten a temp one or taken the time to find out how to do it
correctly. Did you call the state ? More than likely you broke the law
in state where you purchased the trailer and most certainly the state
in which the trailer from which removed the plate to use is
registered, why don't you call that state as ask them.

It is scary that you would take advice from a Yahoo group as opposed
to checking with the legal authority in the state where you purchased
the trailer. Especially when the advice to switch plates is so
obviously illegal. I don't think any DMV would say go ahead a stick
the New York Plate on the Massachusetts trailer and tow it across
state lines. I do think that they would say paythis fee and you get a
temp plate and maybe collect some taxes or fees from someone.

Defend it all you want it was not legal.

Jim