Re: [A/S] cleaning drapery

I believe our drapes are the originals from the 1970's . My wife decided
that the tobacco juice coloured stains had to go, so she tried one drape
washing it in liquid Tide in the washing machine.
N.B. She never used the agitator, but filled it with cold water, soak for an
hour in the liquid Tide solution, spin out, soak again, spin out and soak
again spin out. The drape was hung to dry.
We since found this an excellent way to clean our drapes and have done the
whole trailer set with complete success several times since, getting rid of
the stains on the lining and freshening the drapery material.
JUST MAKE SURE NOT TO USE THE AGITATOR ON THE WASHING MACHINE. SOAK AND SPIN
OUT ONLY.
Sarge