[A/S] mud flaps?

All-
Wondering if anyone has input on ways to minimize throwing stones at
the trailer when driving. I've had regular plastic mud flaps until
tearing them off driving through a snow storm in Arkansas last week
(another story to be sure..); they didn't work as well as I'd hoped. So
i see my options as:
1. bigger, better mud flaps
2. one of those big fringe things I see mounted under the back bumper
some RV's and duallies;
3. biting the bullet and putting stone guards on the bottom front
corners of the coach.

We do like to get off the beaten path and on to dirt roads
occasionally. We plan to boondock on BLM land in Jan and Feb in New
Mexico and Arizona.

As usual, thanks!
Chris K.
WBCCI 8638