Re: [A/S] AC Replacement

Indiana,

No this was a new purchase.  The Classic model I was
looking at comes standard with a 13,500 BTU air
conditiioner.  I know from personal experience that
that sized AC is marginal under extreme conditions.
In the 34' trailer its downright inadequate.  That's
why I suggested an upgraded unit.

While the restoration and ownership of a vintage unit
would be neat, I personally am working and the nature
of my job even gets me into weekend work also.  I
looked hard at buying a gently used newer unit, but my
search locally only found units where the gently
wasn't part of the previous owners vocabulary.

My local dealer finally had a heart to heart with me
and told me based on how I kept my current Airstream
and what my desires were, I'd probably only would be
happy if I bought new.  Bottom line I bit the bullet
and ordered a new Classic.  The folks who bought my
Safari got a creampuff.

I'm sure there are others out there like me who have
good units to sell, its just a matter of waiting or
adjusting your standards as to what you will accept.

Good luck in your search.

Regards,

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.