[A/S] Re: temporary winterization?

Chris,

Coming from someone who used their trailer all winter long as a
kitchen and a bath(we were remodeling, during the coldest winter in
history two winters ago)it can be done. I never had a freeze up in
the camper. I stayed connected to city water most of the time. On the
coldest of nights/days when the city line had frozen(even with a drip)
I was able to use the pump. I used the furnace in the camper along
with a little oil 1500watt heater. I even went to the trouble to hook
up the 150lbs propane tanks from the house to the trailer. So, it can
be done, but it's not cheap. You will burn more money in fuel keeping
the pipes from freezing than you would in RV pink juice to winterize.
Even if you don't have bypass kits and have to fill the fresh tank
with 12 gallons of pink juice $2.50 galloon X 12 = $30.00. You'll
spend more than $30.00 bucks the first week in fuel just "trying" to
keep enough heat in it to keep it from freezing. I would winterize
and not take chances! It was 3 degrees last night here in Virgina
with the windchill! Oh, all my trailer were winterized 8 days ago. I
did wait until the last minute.

Paul Waddell
Front Royal, Va
Were it will be 12 degrees tonight without windchill