Re: [A/S] Texas Wintering (a little long,sorry)

The Rio Grande Valley is largely between the cities of Brownsville and
McAllan... Major road work has made this area very easy to get around
in.. There are two main routes into the area and one drops down to
Harlingen (just North of Brownsville )and the other to McAllan.. We
currently stay at Victoria Palms RV park in Donna Texas... Very
nice...Abouit midway between Harlingen and McAnnan

There are some 800 parks in the Rio Grande area and the only parks I
have stayed at are Fun and Sun in San Benito (just South of Harlingen)
and Victoria Palms.. I would recomment either for a plesant stay...

If you are a golfer, Victoria Palms has a course at a sister park
where you can play free after a certain hour... not being a golfer, I
can't give an opinion on the links.. The Victoria palms RV park has a
roomy feel with paved streets, (including street sweeper) restaurant,
a couple of pools, health club, billiard room, poker room, wood shop,
ceramic lab, club rooms, computer lab, ballroom with shows several
times a week and best of all a 5AM coffee gathering where men of
knowledge can gather and solve the worlds problems..I have not
attended a session, but I assume women are welcome as well..There is
an older part of the park that is more crowded, but closer to some of
the  facilities, like the laundry and post office, and a newer part
with larger lots and a more roomy feel...The wood shop is fairly new
and in my opinion very well equipped...(cabinet shop quality machines,
mostly Delta)...The ceramic lab has a couple of very large electric
kilns...A number of game rooms are available for parties, etc...The
park is very pet friendly and animals abound.. (always leashed, even
cats...)  The grounds are always in great shape and the feel is one of
constant work to improve...The birding group goes on several trips
from the park and I believe meets every week...

The state of Texas really works at the interface between the parks and
the customers... I suggest a little Internet work before making any
decisions...

Check out www.VictoriaPalms.com as wll as the state sites...

Hope this helps...
Jim