Re: [A/S] GPS Directions

I have the Magellan Roadmate and love it EXCEPT this past summer when I
told it to take me the most direct route!!! What a BIG mistake! It took
me right thru the mountains from Tenn. to N. Carolina, tight
switch-backs, narrow roads, no gas stations or places to stop to walk
the dogs. I was dizzy from the up and down and back and forth and
finally re-programed it to take me the route with the most highways.
Had to go out of my way but it was worth it! I decided that I need to
look at the map after programming it to see the route it picked out
before I head out!

Patti (with head swimming over all the plans to move from Long Island
to Colorado Feb. 1st!)