[A/S] Re: Removing Old WBCCI Numbers

Greetings Duane M.!

If the numbers that you are dealing with are on your '76 Argosy, you
have an alterntative that Airstream owners don't have for displaying
WBCCI membership numbers.  I have tried this method with my Minuet,
and it works beautifully:

1.)  Remove the exiting numbers.  Then use automotive cleaner/polish
to clean the area where the numbers were - - if necessary apply
touch-up paint to fill-in any nicks that may have been made in the
paint surface in removing the existing numbers.
2.)  Obtain a pair of magnetic sign blanks large enough to display
your number and paint the material to match the coach if so desired
(I left mine colonial white)
3.)  Install numbers on the sign blanks and allow the adhesive on
the numbers to dry for at least 8-hours on a flat surface.
4.)  Once the adhesive has been permitted to dry, the signs are
ready for display on the galvanized steel endcap of your Argosy.

The signs actually adhere with sufficient strength that the coach
can be towed with the number signs displayed.  What I have really
liked about this solution is that the numbers can be stored in one
of the bins between trips, and should last several times longer than
if they were to be permanently displayed.  Unless I am participating
in a caravan, I often place the numbers on the floor just inside of
the door of the Minuet when traveling.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)