Re: [A/S] where to list AS for sale?

Hunter - Thanks for asking - I wasn't sure what was appropriate on
the list.  We bought the 1963 Globetrotter about 3 years ago - I saw
it on ebay and I just really wanted it!  But now that we have it - we
have not followed thru with refurbishing it like we had planned.  As
I mentioned before we are now grandparents raising grandchildren -
and seems like it might be a permanent solution to a difficult
situation.

The Airstream is original - no one has painted or changed anything in
the interior except for recovering the sofa cushions and removing the
old tile flooring.  It had red shag carpeting that was just cut to
fit and laid in there - it had to go.

We took it to a camper repairman in our area and he tested all the
appliances out.  They all worked and they are all original. The
counter top is in good condition. We have only used the fridge with
electricity - but he said it worked on propane too.  The tub is not
cracked and has the original pleat folded vinyl curtain. The sink and
toilet seem to be in good condition. The plumbing needs to be
replaced - I assume water had frozen in the pipes in the past.  We
bought it from someone who had it for 11 or 12 years and said he only
used it once a year to attend a flea market. He said he had never
tried hooking it to water. We bought it in South Dakota and pulled it
home.  It towed very well.  We have replaced the old split rims and
put on new tires.

The shell is in average condition - no tears - but there is a bent
area behind the wheel well - it looks like a tire might have blown
out and bent the aluminum there.

The cabinets veneer is damaged in some areas near the bottom of the
cabinets - near the floor.  Some small areas of it are missing and
some is kind of wrinkled.  This is mostly just along the bottom 6
inches or so.

The interior walls are the original finish. All the windows are
intact and unbroken - but there may be one or two screens that are
missing.  There is a small broken area on the skylight.  There wasn't
a table in it when we got it.  There are two brackets over the side
sofa and I was told that they were for hanging a hammock.

I hope I have described it accurately.  I will try to take photos
tomorrow and have them available.  I don't know much about pricing -
but would like $3,000 (or best offer) - which will not quite recoup
what we purchased it for - plus the new tires and rims.  But I would
like it to find a good home - it could be a great project for someone
who knows what they are doing.

Mary in KS